Your membership in the Alumni Association gives you access to compelling and entertaining programming, an award-winning alumni magazine, and a worldwide network of Buckeyes who love Ohio State as much as you do.
Below you’ll see examples of how the Association’s work influences Ohio State and benefits members. Our wide-ranging work provides an impact on Ohio State alumni, faculty, and students as well as those in leadership positions and in the community.
SERVING MEMBERS AND ALUMNI
Active and dedicated alumni are the backbone of our organization, and the Association does its part to make sure that they receive the benefits and service they desire. There are more than 465,000 Ohio State alumni worldwide. No matter where they live, the Association strives to ensure that their connection to Ohio State remains strong.
Our efforts to serve members and alumni include:
- Serving as your official connection to Ohio State after you graduate.
- Hosting alumni tours each year that feature a wide variety of destinations, modes of travel, trip duration, and prices.
- Highlighting the efforts of accomplished Buckeyes for more than 50 years through our Alumni Awards program.
- Each edition of Ohio State Alumni Magazine presents stories illustrating the diversity and breadth of the university.
EMBRACING THE COMMUNITY
Ohio State’s motto, “Education for citizenship,” challenges alumni to help advance the greater good.
Here are some ways the Alumni Association has a positive
influence on our communities:
- Our alumni clubs and societies engage in a number of volunteer activities throughout the country and world.
- The Association’s charitable efforts have benefited more than 40 central Ohio charities, the New Orleans Recovery School District, and food pantries throughout the country.
- We are involved with a variety of initiatives that benefit a number of primary and secondary schools.
The students of today are the alumni of tomorrow. That’s why the Alumni Association is deeply invested in students, understanding that their positive experiences today will resonate for the rest of their lives.
Here are some ways the Association invests in student life:
- We provide financial support for major student events such as May Week, Homecoming Court, and Commencement Week.
- We provide students with networking opportunities that connect them with alumni and professors in their fields of study.
- Each year, the Association and its constituent groups raise more than a half a million in scholarship funds for new and current Ohio State students.
Ohio State’s outstanding faculty is a driving force behind the university’s national rankings. The Alumni Association honors faculty members for their work developing leaders of the future.
Here are some ways we celebrate our accomplished faculty:
- The Association presents the annual Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching to a select group of faculty recipients each year.
- Faculty members hit the road in the name of the Association and visit alumni constituent groups around the country.
- We provide a full slate of alumni programs that highlight Ohio State’s most accomplished faculty members.
The Association serves as an ambassador for Ohio State at the local, state, and national levels of government. We make certain that an alumni perspective is reflected when important decisions are made.
We engage leaders at these levels and more:
- In Washington D.C., our annual Scarlet and Gray Congressional Breakfast and Scholarship Fundraiser benefits Ohio State students and recognizes the Ohio Congressional delegation.
- Our more than 600 Ohio State Advocates work closely with members of the Ohio General Assembly.
- The Alumni Advisory Council promotes Ohio State’s general welfare and interests through its interaction with the university president, top university officials, and the Association’s board of directors.