The Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) presents an opportunity for constituted alumni clubs to meet exemplary students from their local area, to encourage them to attend the Ohio State University and to give financial assistance through scholarships.
Alumni Clubs that participate in the Alumni Scholars Program award merit-based scholarships, which can be used to attend any of Ohio State’s campuses.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The Office of Student Financial Aid selects recipients based on the club’s Scholarship Committee recommendations. To receive an ASP award, a student must:
- Be admitted to the university.
- Be preferably ranked in the top 10% of their high school class.
- Be recommended by school principals, counselors, and/or teachers based on scholastic ability and character.
- Have a record of performance in activities both in school and in the community.
- Impress the Scholarship Committee with a sound interest and positive attitude toward college work.
- Be a resident or attend high school in the county/area in which the participating alumni club's membership is based.
- Be an incoming freshman.
Ohio State varsity student athletes and varsity “walk on” athletes are not eligible.
CLUBS THAT PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM
Students must obtain an application from the Club Scholarship Leader. Below is a list of the clubs that participate in the ASP. Each club has separate deadlines and an application process. If there is a participating club in your area and you are interested, please contact Leslie Smith at The Ohio State Alumni Association for your area club contact information. LSmith@ohiostatealumni.org, 614-292-2371.
If your area is not listed, there is not an Alumni Scholarship Program in your area.
(Contact your high school guidance counselor as they may have an application and information.)
Young Bucks of Central Ohio
NW Regional Ohio (Henry, Defiance,
Pioneer (Washington County)
Trumbull & Mahoning
CA/Orange County Inland Empire
CA/San Francisco Bay Area
CO/Pikes Peak (Colorado Springs)
CO/Rocky Mountain (Denver area)
Delaware, state of
FL/Central (Orlando area)
FL/Southwest (Lee County)
FL/Sun Coast (Tampa)
FL/Palm Beach County
Hawaii, state of
MI/Western MI (Grand Rapids)
New Jersey, state of
New Mexico, state of
NC/Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill)
SC/Low Country (Charleston)
Washington DC (metro area)
Wisconsin, state of