May 28 - June 8, 2012
starting from Copenhagen
from $7,695 + air
Thomas P. Gohagan
Experience the cultural rebirth of the Baltic States and the magnificent riches of St. Petersburg on this ten-night program, cruising for eight nights under the spectacular "White Nights of Summer" aboard the deluxe M.S. Le Boréal
. Enjoy speeches by specially-arranged speakers - former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev and former President of Poland Lech Walesa. Sail across the Baltic Sea from Copenhagen to Stockholm, with shore excursions in Riga, Tallinn, St. Petersburg and Helsinki. Enjoy deluxe hotel accommodations for one night each in Copenhagen and Stockholm.
ACTIVITY LEVEL - Moderate - walking necessary, uneven terrain
ALUMNI HOST - To be determined
- Enjoy a rare opportunity to meet two former world leaders: former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev and former President of Poland Lech Walesa
- Immerse yourself in the historical and cultural riches of the Baltic States on this enlightening eight-night cruise during the fabled “White Nights of Summer”
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites Riga, Tallinn, and the old fortifications of Suomenlinna
- Admire one of the world’s greatest collections of fine art during a special early-opening tour of the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg
- See Copenhagen’s stunning architecture during an exclusive city tour and canal cruise
- Enjoy an orientation tour in Stockholm, including visits to City Hall and the Vasa Warship Museum
- Deluxe hotel accommodations for one night each in Copenhagen and Stockholm
- Eight nights aboard the M.S. Le Boréal
- All meals and complimentary house wine, beer, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee and tea served with lunch and dinner aboard M.S. Le Boréal
- Sightseeing tours of Riga, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Copenhagan, Stockholm and more
State Hermitage Museum
Lech Walesa - guest lecturer
Mikhail Gorbachev - guest lecturer
All prices are per-person, based on double occupancy. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.
To inquire about this tour, please contact The Ohio State Alumni Tour Office at 614-292-2372 or 800-852-TOUR (8687).