Explore the historic district of Quito, Ecuador’s capital, and travel outside the city to the town of Otavalo, home of one of the best traditional crafts markets, volcanoes, and pristine lakes. Venture to the outer edge of the Amazonian rain forest, where a canoe awaits to take you to your lodge. Discover the diverse plant and bird life of the Amazon on guided nature walks, and visit a Quichua Indian home to learn about the region’s medicinal plants. Experience the vibrant open-air museum of Cuenca, a beautiful city in the heart of the Andes. Journey to the Ingapirca ruins, observe the artistic traditions of Gualaceo and Chordeleg, and learn how to make local dishes during a cooking lesson. Then head to Guayaquil on the coast. The city has an excellent archaeological museum, as well as a beautiful river walk. This small-group program includes all excursions, well-appointed accommodations, and an extensive meal plan featuring wine with dinner.
ITINERARY BROCHURE MAP OF TOUR
ACTIVITY LEVEL 2 - More demanding than Level 1. Good health is required. Intended for active people who are comfortable participating in two to three hours of walking and four hours of activity a day. Should be able to climb at least two flights of stairs and get in and out of an excursion vehicles. (Please note: activity levels vary for optional excursions. Additional walking and fitness may be required.)
ALUMNI HOST - To be determined
• This exclusive Small-Group experience is limited to 28 travelers to maximize your travel experience.
• Discover Quito’s Centro Histórico, the first place to be declared a World Heritage Site by the United Nations in 1978.
• Explore the pristine Amazon rainforest and learn about the centuries’-old
traditions of its residents.
• Delight in the vibrant city of Cuenca.
• Learn about life in Ecuador during a specially guided visit to different
vendors and markets.
• Visit Otavalo Market, home to Ecuador’s largest collection of indigenous
Andean arts and crafts.
• Explore the Ingapirca Ruins, the most important archaeological site in
• Three nights in Quito, Ecuador, at the deluxe Swissôtel.
• Two nights in Ahuano at the La Casa del Suizo Lodge.
• Four nights in Cuenca at the first-class Hotel Victoria.
• One night in Guayaquil at the deluxe Unipark Hotel.
• Deluxe motor coach transfers between Quito and Ahuano, Ahuano and Quito, and Cuenca and Guayaquil, including baggage handling.
• Flight from Quito to Cuenca, including transfers and baggage handling.
• Informative lectures, presented by local experts, will enhance your insight into the region.
• Meet locals who will connect you to the locale and provide behind the scenes access to the people and places of Ecuador.
• All excursions as outlined in your program itinerary.
• Personal VOX listening device to hear every word from your expert English-speaking guides.
• Attend a Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Dinners.
• Enjoy 10 breakfasts, seven lunches and five dinners, plus tea or coffee with all meals.
• Sample authentic regional specialties during select meals at featured local restaurants.
• Take advantage of leisure time to try the local cuisine independently.
• Consultation services of a dedicated Passenger Service Representative prior to departure.
• Services of an experienced Travel Director throughout your trip.
• Detailed travel and destination information to assist in your planning.
• Tipping of excursion guides and drivers.
• Complimentary travel wallet.
*All prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.
To inquire about this tour, please contact Amy Stoneking at email@example.com or 614-292-2372 / 1-800-852-8687 / Ext 2.